Monday, July 30, 2012

I ate worms for breakfast!!

Alright, so after this morning I have to say I don't think I have ever had such a Monday morning welcome me to the week. I was thrilled to wake up and start a new day. I felt positive and confident that today would be a great day. I made myself a cup of herbal tea, managed to get a hungry four year old her breakfast, and gave my little one some Cheerios to keep her quiet while I indulged in my bowl of fresh picked blackberries! As I sat next to my husband, who also was snacking on his fresh blackberries and reading the news on his IPad, while having his cup of liquid power, the morning was good! Until, I was about to the end of my bowl and saw it, or should i say "them!". WORMS! Little white worms, were in fact ,in our berries. I have a local farm that I go to every week and get our fresh organic produce. I love that we have this opportunity, however, keep in mind if you are buying organic know that you may have to be prepared for these types of situations sometimes.
I did my research and found that if you wash berries in a solution of warm water and salt, it usually brings them to the surface.
On that note, I think I will stick to my fresh tomato from the farm next week and maybe leave the blackberries sitting there looking pretty on their shelf. Not the way anyone wants to start a week off, but I guess I was able to get some extra protein today. (yuck....)

No comments:

Post a Comment