Friday, February 4, 2011

Jack LaLanne Dies at 96


Jack LaLanne has died at the age of 96, on January 23rd 2011. He was a very rich man and was a big player in the Health industry. He has patents from the 1930s that are still in use today by all the gyms and there exorcise machines. He was a great man and always full of energy and life. He lived a very long life, and I think we have a lot to learn from such an extraordinary man. I have loved all of his products from his workout machines, to his food emulsifier. He will be missed. Rest in Peace mr. Jack LaLanne. Here are some of my favorite quotes from Jack LaLanne, that I think are very good, and alluded to what type of person Jack LaLanne was.

Famous Quotes

"Remember this: your body is your slave; it works for you."

"I don’t care how old I live; I just want to be LIVING while I am living!"

"They thought that athletes that worked out with my system wouldn't be able to throw a ball because they'd be too muscle bound. Those are the misconceptions I had to go through for about 40 years."

"The only way you get the fat off is to eat less and exercise more."

"Probably millions of Americans got up this morning with a cup of coffee, a cigarette and a donut. No wonder they are sick and fouled up."

"If you've got a big gut and you start doing sit-ups, you are going to get bigger because you build up the muscle. You've got to get rid of that fat! How do you get rid of fat? By changing your diet."

"I tell people I can’t afford to die; it will wreck my image!"

"I have spoken to a whole group of millionaires, head executives at Microsoft. Boy did I chew those guys out."

"I invented most of the machines in the gyms. All the leg extension machines to the weight selectors, every one of those I invented way back in the 30’s."

"We don't know all the answers. If we knew all the answers we'd be bored, wouldn't we? We keep looking, searching, trying to get more knowledge."

"Everything you do in life, I don’t care, good or bad – don’t blame God, don’t blame the devil, don’t blame me, blame you. You control everything! The thoughts you think, the words you utter, the foods you eat, the exercise you do. Everything is controlled by you."

"What you need to do is get that tape measure out, and start measuring that gut. Then you start working out and you start eating properly till that gut gets down close to it was when you were in your 20s. Then you'll find out what your weight should be."

No comments:

Post a Comment